Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What do you mean? I AM dressed up.

Remember those days when you couldn't even leave the house without makeup for fear you might run in to some cute guy, and he would see you, and then would quickly be repulsed, and then run away screaming?  Yeah, me too.  Then I grew up, got married, had a kid and flat ran out of time.

I mean, I still somewhat attempt to get ready for work each day, but anything outside of that?  I'd rather not.  The sheer thought of having to spend unnecessary time to slap paint on my face and actually comb my hair is just exhausting.  That's why the good lord invented hats....and face masks.

I'm getting ready to take kiddo to a movie and I'm currently wearing sweats (hey, at least they match), tennis shoes that are flattened in the back because I step on them, no makeup and a hot mess of curly hair....(once again, drying the hair is sooooo time consuming).  Kiddo walks into my room and shrieks in terror.

"MOM, you cannot go to the movie like that?! You're going to scare the children!  Can you at least dress up a little?"

Wha?

"What do you want from me?  I've showered and brushed my teeth today (even shaved), my clothes are clean and FINE I'll wear a hat.  How much more dressy do you want me??  If I have to start over, we're going to miss the movie."

"Gah mom, fine, just go like that.  But walk behind me, I don't want people to know we're together."

Heh, you got it sister.  I'm not ashamed.

Whatever you wear, whatever you look like, rock it out.  As long as you like it and YOU'RE comfortable, that's all that really matters:)

Until next time......

xoxo
KShy

No comments: