Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year...

Well, here it is, another new year is upon us.  I have made absolutely ZERO resolutions.  I figure, why?  My issues with commitment will never allow me to see them through so why even bother, right?

Heh, I'm kidding.  I'm just being lazy.

Alright so I have a few "ideas" rolling around in my head of what I'd like to get done this year, but nothing concrete.  I do know the one thing that I'm NOT gonna do is let opportunities pass me by.  I'm going to be braver and happier and a bit more relaxed.....for ME.  Not for hubs, or kiddo, or my parents.  For me.  Selfish?  May-beh.  Do I care? Meh, not really.

Now, don't you worry, I have plenty things I want to improve upon for my little fam as well.  Like, I want more dinners around the table....and more family walks....and even, dare I say, *gulp* some family vacations?  I sat and watched kiddo open her presents Christmas morning and WHAM it hit me.  I only have a few years left with her and she's out the door....just a few more years.  Wait, what?

And then I cried....shut up.


I just don't want to waste a minute with her and I want her to leave this house with the most AMAZING memories a child could have.

So, there you go.  I just indirectly directly made my New Years resolutions right before your very eyes.  I may even add the ol' "Lose Weight" in there somewhere as well....maybe.  Ask me again tomorrow if that one made the list.

Anyway, happy new year y'all!  Make 2012 the best one yet!

xoxo
KShy

No comments: