Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy... Holy Flash Flood! Easter....

Easter has come once again.  How did you celebrate?  Our day was jam packed with Jesus, ham, plastic eggs and gigantic raindrops.  It was pretty perfect....

Now, the road to perfection is never easy.  There are ALWAYS bumps along the way....bumps that make it just a bit more interesting and tend to test your patience.   Our day started out by going 90 mph down a dirt road.   Good times.

Let's see, where to begin..... 

We of course, woke up late. (shocking, I know) Running around the house like maniacs.  I can't get my dressed zipped, Kiddo has kidnapped my brush AND my flat iron, hubs is trying to get the food ready and apparently, the dog is sick.  (seriously, that was freaking disgusting) Did I mention it's POURING down rain?  Who's ready for church?!  Ooo ooo, this girl!  Yeah.....

We finally made it out the door and head to church.  I'm still applying my makeup as we pull up to building, it's still pouring and I just stepped in a foot deep puddle.  Meh, at least we made it. 

The service as incredible.  They did a reenactment of the Crucifixion today and it was very......graphic.  Powerful, but graphic.  Kiddo almost puked.  Mel Gibson woulda been proud.

After service, we headed over to mom's house....It's still pouring.

We get there and chow down on some most delicious grub.  Ham, corn, salad, bread, cookies...nomnomnomnom....soooo good.. I'm still full.

Now, normally, we'd have our grand egg hunt after lunch, but it's STILL pouring.  So, we improvise.  We egg hunt in the living room.  It was mass, chaos but seriously HILARIOUS.  I love my family to pieces.  They are just as crazy as I am and well, when you put us together......heh, just look for yourself;)














Oh wait.....did I forget to mention what the Easter bunny brought for kiddo??  I feel like he just pawned off two disowned relatives.....

Oh well......Hope you all had a Happy Easter as well!!!  

1 comment:

moncada said...

Happy Easter, Shy!