Friday, February 4, 2011

SNOW MORE...Seriously.

I'm DONE with this weather.  It's all fun and games until mama gets snowed in for too many days.  I can't handle this.  Actually, I'm pretty sure between the excessive junk food consumption and the continuous movie marathons, I've gained 12lbs and turned the majority of my brain to mush.  The ability to form complete sentences is getting more and more difficult.  In fact, I actually stopped talking mid conversation today because I couldn't think of anything else to say.  I just stood there, mouth gaped open, not speaking.  I did manage to blink though.  At least my eyes didn't dry out.

We started the week with the over exploited Snowmageddon 2011.  Yeah, we got snow, school was cancelled, kids had fun, hoorah hoorah and yaddah yaddah..  All in all, it really wasn't that bad.  Most of us town folk had expected it to start clearing by this weekend, until today that is...   Weather man said 30% chance of snow, nothing more than a dusting to an inch.  He lied.  He stood there, in front of his green screen, talking all smooth like, doing that lazy crooked grin thing and it was a lie.  I should have caught on when he started to do his 'I really have no idea what's going to happen so I'll just tell them what I think they wanna hear' lie dance. I swear he did that 'shifty eye' thing too.  I blame myself for not recognizing the signs.

Does this look like an inch to you???  No? Yeah, not to me either.
Or what about this??  Hmmmm....Close, but not quite.
And I really don't recall 'Flurries' ever looking like this.....
I need this to stop, immediately.  I need Mother Nature and Jack Frost to please stop getting busy because they really are making a mess.  A HUGE mess.   An 'I have two, 90lb dogs, one poodle,  a cat, a kid and a husband that have been confined to 2700 square feet for 5 days straight' mess.  That equals one mom that wants to do a swan dive off the roof.  *points at self*  Yes, I'm referring to me....

I'm running dangerously low on chocolate, cheezits, wine, patience, mental stability and toilet paper.  Somebody PLEASE, send help!  This really could end badly for all those involved.

No comments: