Thursday, January 22, 2009

Updates....Finally!

Hello blogger friends! Man, it has been awhile. I hope you all had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year. We sure did!

Well, I'm going to do several "posts" within this one....I'm so far behind..I'll start with..............

Christmas!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!! And ours was no exception. My ENTIRE family was here for the first time ever! How much fun!! Matt, Steph, the girls AND Ben, Natalia (new sis in law), Davina (niece) and Nathaniel (nephew). It was CRAZY! People running back and forth between our house and the folks...I literally did not see Kennedy for 2 weeks. She didn't even miss me. Ouch.

New Years
And Happy New Year to you! I know, I know, it's almost February. But 2009 is still pretty new. Nothing terribly exciting. The fam was still here. We played cards all night New Year's eve. Gran totally cleaned me out. I'm gonna have to pawn a few things to get my money back. I must say, I'm getting old...I could BARELY keep my eyes open. I don't even think I made it to midnight. Ah, growing old and not so gracefully.

Kennedy is 9!
WOW, I have a 9 year old child. I cannot even believe it. It really seems like just yesterday I held her in my arms for the very first time. She was so small and sweet. Such a good baby... What the heck happened???? I can honestly say, she has gone from sweet baby, to active toddler, to Pre Teen Drama Queen! I am sooo not ready for this. We are already obsessed with boys, clothes, shoes, and for some reason, mermaids....Yeah, I don't know on that one either. So what do I do??? Buy here a puppy. Yes folks, spoil the child, spare the rod. Oh wait, I think I have that backwards....That could be the answer to many of my problems.. Must rethink my parenting practices.

So, that is the Shy family 30 day summary. We have been so busy! I'm ready for things to slow down a bit and take a break.

As I close my blogging session, I leave you with yet another Kennedy Quote of the week...(technically, she said this a few weeks ago, but once again...WAY BEHIND)

"MOM!"

"What?"

"Did you know that Shannon had a crush on Chase?!"

"No, I did't..."

"Yeah mom, she told me she did. She tells me everything. We're BFF!"

"Oh, that's nice, it's nice to have good friends"

"Yes, well I mean we were BFF, but not so much now"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, now we're just F."

*Hee Hee*







3 comments:

Thankful Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sassy said...

That Kennedy...she is going to be a great public speaker when she grows up!! You watch...people will pay her big money to come and speak to their companies!!!

Alyssa said...

good to see you back! Now lets see some pictures : )