Friday, January 30, 2009

The Snow Day Wonder Parent

School was cancelled once again today. There is just enough icy snow left to enjoy a ride or two down the hill again...

Jeff and I have been alternating "shifts" to stay home with Kennedy. I take the mornings, he takes the afternoon.

Today, Jeff gets home and I scurry off to work. An hour or two goes by, so I decide to call and check on them...You know, just to check...Not that my internal mommy alarm was blaring...CALL HOME CALL HOME CALL HOME....I call home...This is the story I get...

*ring ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey Babe! How's everything going? You and Kennedy having fun?"

"Um, yes well...we had fun...I took her sledding..."

"How fun!! I'm so jealous...Did you have a good time?"

"Yes, but don't worry..."

"Worry? Worry about what? Why would I be worried?"

"Well, I took her sledding, you know, at that big dirt hill down the road?"

"Uh huh.."

"And well, I gave her a little push...She was really moving, it was awesome...See there was like a little dip in the hill....She kinda went airborne..."

"Say what...?"

"She got some good air...but kinda lost the sled....She face planted in the snow...."

"What!?!"

"Don't worry babe...I jumped on my sled raced down after her...I got to the bottom of the hill and she was still face first in the snow. I ran up to her and she made this weird noise...She was like UGHHHHHH...............Don't worry... It only knocked the wind out of her...It took me a few minutes, but I got her up....DON'T WORRY...She's fine...Don't freak out and think she needs to go to the doctor...She caught her breathe...eventually... I thinks she's gonna be sore though..."

"Really, you don't say! AH! Are you kidding me!"

"No really, she's fine...I promise...Ok, well gotta go! See you in a bit..Love ya!"

"Hey, wait! Jeff? Hello?"

Anybody need a sitter???? Jeff is available on snow days...

6 comments:

AdamandKaylasmommy said...

LOL, I am crackin up over here! Jeff can come watch my two heathens any time!

Kim said...

Too funny!

Lane said...

LOL!!! I'm glad she's ok!

Ok, your letter is D...have fun! :)

TuTu's Bliss said...

I just can't keep your fun blog all to myself so I am spreading the word and sending some awards your way. HUGS, Jen

Alyssa said...

I tagged you!

About Us said...

Awesome! Jeff can bsit my crazies anytime!