Thursday, January 29, 2009

Kennedy Quote of the Week

Scene: Walking around the mall

"Hey mom?"

"Yes?"

"Do I have to be married to have a baby?"

*choke, cough, catch my breath*

"Um, Yes! You have to be out of college, with a job, and married. Why do you ask?"

"Well Mom, I don't understand why I just cant go to the hospital, wait a few days, then come home with baby....That's what all these other ladies do...I don't need a man to help do all that...."

Ok, wow, where to begin.....

"Yes, you do kinda need a man to do all that....I'll explain when you're older...."

"Huh, ok then mom.."


For those of you who don't know, she is NINE years old...Call me crazy, but I kinda feel she is WAY to young for the "talk"...I guess I'll keep putting her off for the next say, 5-10 years! Ah!

4 comments:

Lane said...

Crack. me. up.!! I would have given anything to see your reaction to that question! :)

Sassy said...

Kennedy is my HERO!!!
I LOVE that girl. I know I say that a lot about her..but she is just the funniest thing on 2 legs!!

Lil Miss K's Mommy said...

Not really sure how I got to your blog but this post caught my eye and I just had to comment...HOW FUNNY IS THAT!? Oh I can't wait. Good luck on that answer mommy =)
~Lisa

Jennifer said...

Hilarious. Moms of girls-- it's so fun! :D