Monday, December 1, 2008

You're a Mean One, Mr. I mean Mrs. Grinch

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas.....Well, not at my house. Ugh, I just can't get into the holiday spirit. It is sooooo not like me. I don't know why, I'm just not in the mood.

Maybe it's the economy, heavens knows I'm flat broke.....Or maybe it's the fact that every time I turn around, something catastrophic is happening on the news. That does put a damper on the ol' holiday cheer. I don't know. I just don't feel at that into it this year. So, what am I gonna do to get out of the funk?

I completely avoided the madness of "black Friday" this year. Thank goodness I did. A poor man actually got TRAMPLED TO DEATH so some jerks could save 10 bucks on a DVD player. Seriously? Wow, the going rate for a human life is $10 and a DVD player. Take note folks.

And what's with this "take the Christ outta Christmas" thing???? Ugh, once again.

So I'm kinda "bah Humbug" right now. Hopefully I can pull out of it. I'm going to volunteer at our church's coat drive this year, so that's pumping me up. I so love to be around grateful people. I so love, love, love to see them smile.

Maybe that's my problem. I'm too worried about what I feel like, I myself have lost the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about what's under the tree or what I got a killer deal on, it's about human kindness. It's about that little smile on some one's face that says "Thank you".

So this year, that is my gift to all of you. I promise to be kind, loving, caring and grateful that I have each of you in my life. God has brought all of you to me for a reason and I am truly thankful for that. I promise to be hear when you need me, to call you when you're down, to love you unconditionally, and to be a good friend.

Well, I think I'm pulling out of it.....Now where the heck are my box of decorations!

1 comment:

AdamandKaylasmommy said...

My gift to you is this comment! =)

I have noticed that you have been in a funk lately. I just chalked it up to the cold weather.