Thursday, November 6, 2008

Mother of the Year...

Ah!! Mornings at my house are insane...We NEVER get up on time and I am ALWAYS in psycho mom mode..Today was no exception.

We have very few strict "rules" in our house. One just happens to be, pick your clothes out the night before...All I ask, is that the few rules I do have, be respected and followed...to the LETTER..

Thursday morning:
"GET UP GET UP GET UP!!! WE ARE LATE!!!!" I sound like a howler monkey screeching at my child.. We both fly out of bed..I run thru the shower (not sure if I actually got all of the shampoo out of my hair) And am drying my hair while, I might add, getting dressed and brushing my teeth..Yes folks, I'm gifted.

My daughter is supposed to be up in her room, getting dressed.

Scenario one:
Down the stair she comes, with a sun dress (it is 49 degrees) high heel shoes, that do not match the sundress, and a hooded sweatshirt that does not match the high heels OR the dress...I immediately send her back up..Try again.

Scenario Two:
Down the stairs, this time in a sundress (different one) fleece sweatpants under the dress, and the same ridiculous high heels...(Psycho mom trying to push thru...Must push her back.....) DARN IT!! I just lost....Psycho mom is here!!!

"GET BACK UP AND PUT SOME CLOTHES ON THAT MATCH!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS!!! IT BETTER BE WARM AND BE COMPLIMENTARY ON THE COLOR WHEEL!!!!"

As my daughter begins to freak out, I calmly finish getting ready. Much to my surprise, I finish and find her in the laundry room, trying to pull stuff out of the dryer...That's it..I've lost it.

"Kennedy, that's it.. I'm getting something for you to wear. Here!" Yes folks, I gave my child the same outfit to wear that she wore to school on Tuesday, and no it was not clean. She flipped out.

"I can't wear that!!! I just wore it and you didn't wash it!!!" I am not phased by this statement. I know, sounds harsh, but like I said, we have rules in this house...And they MUST be followed.

She did not speak to me on the way to school, but I have a feeling that is the last time we are not ready for school the night before...

Anyway, that is why I'm sure I will be getting the "Mother of the Year" award...I also accept cash, checks, gift cards, and well, any present really....

8 comments:

Dallas said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!
I am so sorry to be laughing "with" you...but girl, you guys kill me!!
Thanks for sharing your "mom" moment!!
I think your award should be engraved and sparklie!!

Rachel said...

LOL!! You are hilarious and I have sooooooo been there!!!

Lane said...

HOW FUNNY!!!! I was laughing out load at this! I would have killed my mom if she made me wear the same outfit twice in one week. The audacity! ;)

Joanna said...

Oh my word, girl! It sounds like a day at my house. What is it about 8 year old girls pushing EVERY button to drive their mom's crazy!

LOL! Keep in touch!

The Rickard 5 said...

Just wait until she is 12!!

winbe said...

You definitely deserve something fun and sassy for your award. Hmmm....note to self you are not suppose to wear the same thing two days in a row especially if you have not washed it.

Missy-O said...

Therapy, lots of therapy for K.

Mary Jo said...

You just made my day!! Love it!