Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Cold....

Ah, the weather outside has changed dramatically over the last 24 hours. Yesterday was mild and sunny, today blustery and cold. I prefer mild and sunny.

So, with the change in temperature outside comes the change in temperature inside. My house is 30 years hold and struggles to stay exceptionally warm. Thank goodness for my fireplace. Not only does it create a lovely and inviting glow, it keeps my den nice'n toasty.

Kennedy and I decided tonight would be a perfect night to watch our first holiday movie of the season. Our choice.......A Christmas Story. Probably one of my all time favs. About 15 minutes into our movie, Ken begins to complain that she is freezing. "Mom, I'm just so cold!" Mind you, she is in front of the fire, with long sleeves and long pants, wrapped in a down blanket. Yet, she's freezing. "You're fine, just scoot a little closer to the fireplace, you'll warm up".

Another 10 minutes or so pass and she says it again. "I'm just so cold. This shirt is making me cold!" She lifts her shirt up around her neck. "Thats better" she says. "AHHHH!! Put your shirt down! That is not appropriate!" I yell. "Sorry mom".

10 more minutes. I'm really into our movie. Raphie has just uttered the most horrific words known to mankind......Then Kennedy chimes in....."Ah, that's better, now I'm getting warm". Much to my surprise, she is sitting on my ottoman, right in front of the fire, naked....AHHHHHH again!! "Why are you naked???!!!!! Put some clothes on!! "But mom, my clothes were keeping me from getting warm!! See? I'm all warm and cozy now." Me, "Well, you're just gonna have to freeze. NOW PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON!"

Let me just make one thing very clear. The desire for nakedness is not a trait passed on from my side of the family. Just letting you know.

Anyway, hope you guys are having no problems at all staying warm at your house!!

Until next time....

5 comments:

Dallas said...

Must be something in the water...mine are naked A LOT and they didn't get it from me either!!

Thanks for sharing...you always make me laugh!!

IAN AND ALYSSA said...

Yes, for sure! I just started this blogger thing. I am more of a picture poster upper!! I found you on Rachel's page.. Ian has lots of stories about Jeff when they were hoodlums : ) Talk to you soon!

AdamandKaylasmommy said...

LOL.. Too funny. Kayla and Adam always want to run around naked, and I dont understand it. One would think that you would be warmer if you had clothes on.

Joanna said...

So, I don't have a CRAZY kid??? Lexi is always prancing around with little to no clothes! It blows my mind!!! I certainly don't do that- it must be their CRAZY dad's! LOL!

The Rickard 5 said...

FUNNY!!