Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Of course I did....

I'm really trying to get back into my workout routine. I have been on hiatus for the last few weeks. BUT I am easing back into it.

I've been running at night and since no one will go with me, I take my demon possessed dog. The only positive thing about it is he pulls me most of the way. Anyway, we have just finished out nightly run (ok, I confess, walk/run) and he really did a great job. So, like an idiot, I let him off the lead. He stayed with me for about 2.5 seconds. Then like a flash he darts to the left and is out of sight. Dang it. It's dark and I can't see a thing. I start screeching like a howler monkey to get him to come back. Nothing. Dang it. Then I see him, wait no, what is that? It's too small to be Jax. And it's black, and is has.....................a white stripe down it's back. Dang it.

I am screaming "NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" and it did no no no no no good. Next thing I know, here comes the dog tearing around the corner and right into me. OH GROSS. I am now covered in skunk. Yep, I smell like, well, skunk. I'm am thoroughly saturated. Fan-freakin-tastic.

Long story short, I have spent the last hour or so hosing down the dog and myself. My husband will not come near me and my kid almost puked when I came near her. I truly believe he has been waiting for a legitimate excuse to avoid me without consequence for the last ten years. Here ya go honey. Take advantage. LOL!

Well, I'm off to take yet another shower and burn my clothes. Maybe I should just fill the inflate-a-pool up with tomato sauce and just splash around in that for awhile. Will see.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's terrible....and so funny =)!! Our neighborhood is full of skunks all the time, I am just waiting for the same to happen to me...except I don't run =)!