Thursday, May 15, 2008

Workouch. I mean out, work - out.

So, I have decided to take matters into my own hands. I am seriously out of shape and I have come to the conclusion that I MUST do something about it. Naturally, I joined a gym. (thank you Kasey!!)

Day 1. Spinning. How hard can riding a bike be, right? WRONG. I hurt in places I didn't know could hurt. I was 3 pedals away from jumping off that bike and strangling the instructor with my shoelaces. I truly believe the rest of the class would not have protested.

Day 2. Pilates. Ah yes, something calm and simple. I can balance my inner Chi or whatever. Stretch and relax. Not so much. The pain, excruciating. As long a I remain perfectly still, I am ok. The slightest movements only intensify the extreme tearing feeling in my abdomen.

Day 3. Kickboxing. Ok, so I recovered. I can totally to this. I have Billy Blanks Tai Bo at home. Oh yeah. Oh NO. My little powerhouse friend Maria was the instructor. I think GREAT! She'll take it easy on me. My word! She's motivated! She was awesome though. Even though I looked like a beached whale flapping around on the sand she still told me I did great! Thank you for encouraging me!

Tomorrow is day 4. I am terrified. I wonder what kind a self-induced pain I will put myself thru. Hmmmmm. I'll have to think on that one.

Well, I'm off to soak in a tub of Epsom's salt and then crawl into bed. These are the days I wish I had a mattress on the floor instead of a bed 10 feet off the ground!

3 comments:

Missy-O said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Let's just sit and drink rita's and let our arms flap in the wind!

The Brown Family said...

AMEN sister! You should come to the step class with me on Tuesday and Thursday's...your calves will thank you! ;)

Mary Jo said...

I've felt that kind of pain very recently, as I too found it time to get my act together. The good thing is that you don't have to listen for a waking baby in the wee hours. Getting up from a dead sleep quickly is a killer! Good luck!! Love to read this one!