Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Some Heavy Lifting

Jeff, Kennedy and myself are merrily driving down the road. Normal conversations are taking place at a normal tone. All in all, I think this is going to be a pretty painless, quiet, whine free drive. Then, it happens.

"WHOA MOM!!!! WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!"

I of course panic thinking that we are about to be taken out by a freight train or a large semi.
"WHAT????? WHERE!!!!!!"

"Right there mom. Look up there. What is that thing?"

Much to my relief, it is not a freight train, nor is it a very large semi truck. No, no, it's a crane. Two of them to be exact. As my blood pressure returns to a nonlethal level, I look in the rear view mirror and Kennedy is enthralled.

"What do those thing do Mom?"

"Well", I reply, "they lift really heavy things up and down and all around."

"Could they lift a car?"

"Uh, huh".

"Could they lift this car?"

"Yep."

"Could they lift you?"

ouch.

I hear roaring laughter to my right. Yes, that would be my sweet, loving, ever compassionate husband about to pass out due to lack of oxygen because he is laughing so hard.

Thanks for the support dear. I love you too.

1 comment:

Missy-O said...

heeeheeeheee! That's better than SNL! Go K!