Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I must prepare for battle,

Poor Kennedy. She is so sick. We have been diagnosed with a nasty case of STREP. YUCK. Bless her heart, she is just miserable. Won't eat, fussy, whiny. Oh wait, that's kinda sounds like every other day. Only kidding!!! But she really is feeling awful. We went to the doctor yesterday, and on the way home, I let her know she needs to take a nap when we get home. She, of course must protest. "Mom, why can't I just lay on the couch and watch T.V.? " "Because," I explain, "The only way for your body to heal, is to sleep. You see Kennedy, you have an army that lives in your body and I works best when you are sleeping." "What????? Like, with ships, and guns, and lasers and stuff????" "That is correct!" I reply. Well, I just swung that door wide open. I spent the next 20 minutes explaining how the "army" fights off the evil germs and blows up the crud in our bodies. I even used sound effects. I really can sound like a laser gun. It's quite impressive.

Anyway, we get home and Kennedy climbs up the stairs. She turns, looks at me and kinda salutes. "Mom, I'm going to sleep now. I must prepare for battle". She salutes again, turns, and dives into bed. About 30 seconds later, out cold.

When she woke up, she then explained to me that she could "hear and feel" the battle going on inside her head. She said it was so loud. I honestly don't know how she slept thru it!!

No comments: