Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Do you know what the proper name for that is?

Kennedy and I were sitting on the couch, watching The sisterhood of the traveling pants. It's at the part where Lina is riding the donkey thru the picturesque town by the sea. Kennedy looks up at me and very matter of factly says,

"Mom, do you know what the proper name for that is?"

"For what, Ken?"

"The donkey"

"No, what is it?" I'm not really engaging her in conversation, nor am I really paying attention.

"That mother, is a jackass"

I fall off the couch. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"It's a jackass mom"

"That's what I thought you said. Were did you even hear that????"

"Mom, remember?? I heard you call someone one in the car that one day. You told me it was another name for a donkey."

Of course I did.

Now, why is it she can remember something I said six months ago, but can't remember to bring her reading book home??

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your stories always make me laugh! Of course it is a donkey!! Hope you are all well.