Saturday, January 19, 2008

I'm Back and It's a New Year

Hi all. I know it's been awhile, but life is finally returning to normal. For those of you who know me well, I work for a VERY seasonal company. Hopefully, this will be the end of the "long stretches". I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and are as motivated as I am for the new year.

Well, where to start.

My husband is out of town this weekend and as usual, I cannot sleep. It's funny isn't it? I mean I'm almost 30, I can't be by myself. To me, that's a good thing. I have become so entwined with my husband, that I don't function properly without him. To me that says "we are one". Two halves of a whole, when not together, are not complete. I kinda like it. For so long, I thought "I am so independent. Look at me, I can do it myself!" But, what I have come to realize is this. I don't want to do it myself. I want HIM to do it with me. I actually like depending on someone else. Someone who knows me SO well, that he knows what I am going to say BEFORE I even say it! He can look at me or I can look at him, and we just know. We'll either both bust out laughing or tear up before any words are ever spoken. To me, that is incredible.

In all reality, how many of us truly know someone that well? Can you anticipate every word or every movement? I know deep down in my heart, that if you are not there yet, you will be. Strive for it. Make it your goal for 2008. Get to know the ones you truly, deeply, love. Trust me when I say, it is so worth it.

Now I know this is a little more gooey that I normally post. But, I felt I needed to share it. Love every moment of the life that God has so generously blessed you with. Don't take it for granted, take it as the most amazing gift you've ever been given. The more effort you put in, the greater the reward.

I promise to update my blog more often! And next time, I'm sure I'll have my usual nutty story.

I love you all!

No comments: