Tuesday, October 2, 2007

You are so dead when I get home.....

So, today I have a big meeting with Sam's. I've been up since 5:30am (and for those of you who are unaware, I HATE no, LOATHE mornings.) ANYWAY, I get ready and off I go.

We get to the convention center, set up, and get the ball rolling on the meeting. After the meeting ended (like 4 hours later) I check my phone. 5 new voicemails! I didn't even know that 5 people knew my phone number. I start to call people back, the first of which is Jeff.

Me: "Hey babe, just got done, what's up?"

Jeff: "Oh nothing, just sittin here with our sick kiddo"

Me: "What?! What's wrong with her? Is she ok? Does she have a fever, diarrhea, vomiting, blood or broken bones????"

Jeff: "No, she has a belly ache"

Me: "Say whaaaat?"

Jeff: "She had a tummy ache so the school tried to call you. When they couldn't get you, they called your dad. He went and got her and then called me."

One thought comes to mind......*suckers*

Me: "I'll be there in a minute"

Jeff: "Will you bring us something to eat?"

Of course, because I have nothing else I'm doing and you guys are obviously incredibly busy.
So I stop to get them something to eat and head to the hacienda. I get there to find both Jeff and Kennedy upstairs watching cartoons. I unleash the evil parent within......

Me: "Kennedy, what is wrong? Why did you have the nurse call?"
Ken: "My tummy hurt."
Me: "Did you barf?"
Ken: "No."
Me: "Diarrhea?"
Ken: "No."
Me: "Do you have a fever?"
Ken: "I don't think so."
Me: Are you REALLY sick?
Ken: "No, no ma'am."
"You are dead meat when I get home tonight."

Wow, at 7 years old, she has already figured out a way to con the school, her grandfather, AND her Dad. Sadly, I'm somewhat impressed. I was 12 before I pulled off this scam successfully!

No comments: